Sunday, May 1, 2011

Holt, Alabama






Here are images I took yesterday in Holt, Alabama as I walked through the streets photographing the devastation. Except for one time when I woman yelled at me to "Get the Hell out of here!" every single person I met during this trip was extremely nice and open to tell their story. When I told some of those I was down photographing from Boston they were beyond surprised and at times glad to see me there to help their story be seen. I was photographing people who literally lost all of their belongings and they still had such large smiles on their faces as they went through the rubble. They all had the same reason to smile, saying they were just thankful to be alive.

When that woman yelled at me I instantly brushed it off knowing that she must have been through a lot and was just venting.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home