Thursday, June 16, 2011

Covering the Bruins Crowd







As a photojournalist you have to really find yourself in the middle of the story in order to tell it properly. In this case, I had to find myself within the crowd of thousands of hysterically cheering Bruins fans as they celebrated their team’s Stanley Cup victory so that I could document it for the paper. I had my eyes and camera on the crowd and my ears tuned in to my police scanner, which I listened to through earphones in case there was any major incident. The night went by with no major problems except for one moment when dozens of rowdy fans attempted to tip over a bus. Riot police quickly responded with raised batons and rubber pellet guns and I was there, in the middle of the feuding sides, just to get the perfect shot and hoping not to get hit by a pellet or baton.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exhilerating! it comes thru in your photos. You don't miss a beat, can't afford to when batons and pellets and delirious fans are all around you! BRAVO, Nic
em

June 21, 2011 at 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home