Monday, January 16, 2012

Just another day in the office.









It began with the early morning 42nd annual Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Breakfast at the Boston Convention and Expo Center where I had to take a quick shot because I had another assignment scheduled at the same time. I stayed at the breakfast for only a few minutes before I was off to the next one. Next I had to photograph a young guy named Marty Walsh in his new South Boston office location ( I can't expand on the story any more than this since it is scheduled to run later in the week.). As I got into my car leaving the South Boston location a call came over the police scanner about a four-alarm plus fire in Brookline. I made my way there zooming and zipping through traffic and captured some images with major flames. I stayed there at the scene for a while sharing my gloves with some of the other photographers that forgot to bring theirs. I left and as I parked my car by our office I received a call to get a photograph of the scene of the first murder in Boston of 2012. It was on Trull Street in Dorchester. As I made my way to the scene a another call came over the scanner that a wrong way driver crashed on I-93 while running from the police so I decided to make a detour and get that photo first before I went to the murder scene. I parked and walked what seemed like a mile along the side of the highway to get a shot. I didn't include a photo of the scene in this post because it wasn't that amazing of a shot and I felt like it wasn't blog worthy But I threw in a treat, a quick video of the fire scene. yup, just another day in the office for me today.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Daina said...

AMAZING! Made one of these pics my desktop wallpaper--to remind me of how much a human can get done in a day.

January 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home