Monday, September 17, 2012

Instagram Rocks!





So there I was driving Cross Country. Me, my Honda Accord and Canon 5D Mark II. Along the way I stopped by Niagara Falls, Mount Rushmore, and Yellowstone Park for a Photo Project I'm working on. Everything was going great up until I hit Seattle! That's where while setting off for a motorcycle trip around Mount Rainer National Park my 5D magically stopped working. Bummer!! A photographer taking a once in a lifetime trip and his main camera breaks down. What do I do?? First off I scoured the web searching for answers. Found that it could be as simple as changing the tiny clock battery in the camera. I ran off to Glazer's Camera in Seattle in hopes that that was all it was. It wasn't. I had to move on down the coast without my main camera repaired. I began to use my Lumix DMC-TS20 and it worked well up until Utah where I ran out of battery and forgot my charger at home in Cambridge. Along the way I was also using a Polaroid Mini Camera a friend gave me to use for my trip. I quickly ran out of film and was literally hundreds of miles away from the closest Urban Outfitter that sells the film. I called every store in the neighboring states and was debating driving 5 hours one way to buy Polaroid film. What is one to do?? Hmmmm, I started to use my Iphone as a last resort but was never totally impressed with the pictures, then I remembered the cool pictures all the young kids take using the Instagram App. It was a life saver and once again I was back up and taking great photos along the road. Above is a photo of what I believe is a Tornado I witnessed while driving in Kansas.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home